Tuesday, August 14, 2012

IronKeith Training Secret

I think I have some training secrets. Don't tell anyone.

1) Schedule - I will schedule my workouts, so that I can focus solely on being in my moment, and find improvement.
2) Priority- My workout becomes my priority. If I have scheduled correctly, 
Tri priority becomes easy. 
I have a rule. My schedule doesnt change. Last minute doesnt work for me. If I have a 90 minute ride planned, I have to ride. Nothing else is more important.
3) No quitting - If I have scheduled a workout goal, I have to see it through.
If I have a 10 k run scheduled, I run 10 k, no negotiation.
4) Sleep - I hit my pillow early. I cant say the last time I have willingly seen midnight.
5) Nutrition and Hydration - Treat each training session like a race. Eat and drink properly before, during, and after your workout. My shortest training run is 10 k. I have to feed my body to be able to do the distances.

No comments:

Post a Comment