Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mental Toughness

The last few months I have been on a quest for mental toughness. I find it when I'm in the saddle, or when I'm running that last km, and I have to dig down. Mental toughness comes.

But, how do I translate that to my life?

I have been going through a terrible time. The end of family, a marriage, the life of a parent....
How do I remain tough?

Many people say that if I can do a triathlon, I can do anything.
I don't know if that is true.
It is true, but I just don't know it yet.

How do I learn to translate that triathlon moment, where you have to dig down deep and put pain out of your mind, to my real life where I am so hurt, and bruised, and torn emotionally?
They say, "Pain is weakness leaving the body." I believe that.
Time for weakness to leave.




No comments:

Post a Comment